Template

Friday, July 1, 2011

Oh Harley!

How can a person know that they missing something that they didn't even know they were missing?

That's how I feel about motorcycles.  I thought that "bikers" were long-haired, unbathed, rough and rowdy folks.  Who would possibly want to ride a loud-ass motorcycle in less than ideal weather?

I would!  And I didn't even know it.  I wasn't scared to get on the back of one the first time I did, I just never had.  And considering the guy who took my motorcycle virginity......well, I was ready to give it a try with him :)  I loved it.  We rode more than 2 hours and could have gone longer.  I couldn't wait to do it again.  We rode a lot in the first couple of months that we were getting to know each other. 

Then, we rode to the beach.  THAT was a long ride.  I loved it still......though I wasn't chomping at the bits to ride again for a while. 

I love the wind in my face, I am even getting an open face helmet.  I love the sun on my body.  I like to lean up against my man, feeling him under my arms that are holding on to him.  The noise is so relaxing to me that I have fallen asleep on the back before ( I know, SO dangerous!)  It honestly is the best disconnect from stress that I can imagine. 

Oh Harley, what took you so long to call me!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment